The Hill Club of Nuwara Eliya, Sri Lanka was founded in 1876 by a British Coffee Planter, as a "Home" Away from home, and today a privately operated club, with luxury rooms and all modern facilities.
The Hill Club, Nuwara Eliya is perhaps one of the few remaining monuments that remind you of the colonial occupation of Sri Lanka.Over a Century old, this cozy, comfortable holiday home once catered only to the British on the island and has an interesting history behind it. It has seen the good time and bad, war and peace, grandeur and simplicity. Today’s it reflects a combination of exclusivity in style and class and modern service, and utopian admixture of the old and the new.
Grand Hotel Rd, Nuwara Eliya
(4.6km from Nuwara Eliya)
Oldest Golf Club. Established in early 19th century - 1889. 18 holes. Situated at the base of Mount Pedro (Piduruthalagala) in the heart of the tea country.Read More
Popularly known as Piduruthalagala , where the radio transmitting station is seen at the summit of the mountain from Nuwara Eliya.Read More
Named after Sir William Gregory in 1873, this is a prominent attraction used for water sports and recreational activities.Read More
Named after Queen Victoria’s 60th jubilee coronation and established in 1897, it has a land mass of 27 acres.Read More