The construction of a church belonging to the "Church of England" was started by the British in 1833. Even though religious activities were done in this Holy Trinity church, whose construction took place for 10 years and completed in 1843, it was officially declared open on 24th February 1852.
This Church, which was built by following the architectural techniques of the British, also houses the pipe organ which is a special model, has drawn the attention of many tourists.
Church Rd, Nuwara Eliya
(4.1km from Nuwara Eliya)
Oldest Golf Club. Established in early 19th century - 1889. 18 holes. Situated at the base of Mount Pedro (Piduruthalagala) in the heart of the tea country.Read More
Popularly known as Piduruthalagala , where the radio transmitting station is seen at the summit of the mountain from Nuwara Eliya.Read More
Named after Sir William Gregory in 1873, this is a prominent attraction used for water sports and recreational activities.Read More
Named after Queen Victoria’s 60th jubilee coronation and established in 1897, it has a land mass of 27 acres.Read More